Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Brutal with a hint of...classical?!

















As I steer further and further away from a given genre on this blog I arrive at a brutal death metal band out of Italy that formed in 2007. Yea, you read correctly. These guys sprinkle samples of classical piano and string movements to contrast two opposite sides of the musical spectrum. It really is genius. At one moment your head is being blown off by maniacal drumming and torrential riffing, then suddenly you find yourself in a ballroom circa 1700s waltzing. I must admit, most brutal death is not an easy listen. However, Fleshgod Apocalypse does it right making the album very accesible (to lunatics like me anyways). I must give credit where it's due to the sludgeswamp for enlightening me with this gem.

Fleshgod Apocalypse - Oracles

No comments:

Post a Comment