Friday, February 27, 2009

Give your coffee beans a deathgrind
















Hmmm... Pig Destroyer. This is a very uncharacteristic post for me. Generally, I steer very clear of any grindcore-esque bands (Carcass being an exception). But wow, this album is brutal, relentless, disturbing and without a doubt, awesome. I can almost guarantee most virgin ears out there will scurry off after a brief listen, I know I did. The patient ear will go beyond the dementedly agonistic screams and the fury of blast beats in order to find a mecca of fist-pumping and head-banging through truly raw, grinding riffs. The additional track Natash clocks in at a hair over 37 minutes and is completely unrelated to the styles I previously described. It contains doom metal and spooky ambience of the utmost quality for a band of their nature. Accepting Pig Destroyer may seem like a leap of faith, but it is well worth it.

Pig Destroyer - Terrifyer
Pig Destroyer - Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment